The Theatre Arts Guild, Inc. (TAG) is pleased to announce that it will once again be awarding $2500 in scholarships to area students planning to pursue the study of theatre arts at a college, university, or performing arts school.
Educational development in the live theatre arts is one of the main components of TAG’s mission. In keeping with this mission, TAG has created a scholarship fund to assist area high school seniors in pursuing higher education. Every spring, TAG solicits scholarship applications from graduating seniors in the metropolitan area planning to pursue at least a minor in one of the theatre arts at a college, university, or approved school of drama.
The TAG scholarship program is funded almost exclusively through private contributions and donations at TAG Night Out preview performances throughout the year. Since the program’s inception, TAG has awarded more than $60,000 in scholarships to deserving area students. Many of the scholarship recipients are working in the theatre arts today.
2023 THEATRE ARTS GUILD SCHOLARSHIP
Application Instructions and Requirements
The Theatre Arts Guild, Inc. (TAG) is pleased to announce that it will once again be awarding $4000 in scholarships to area students planning to pursue the study of theatre arts at a college, university, or performing arts school.
REQUIREMENTS To be considered, an applicant for the TAG scholarship must be:
- A resident of the Omaha Metropolitan Area (within a 50-mile radius of Omaha).
- A graduating senior at a high school or GED program.
- Planning to pursue a degree in theatre arts (acting, dance, voice, direction, design, broadcasting, theatre management, technical design, etc.) at a college, university, or accredited school of drama.
APPLICATION PROCESS Applicants will:
- Complete the Theatre Arts Guild Scholarship Application Information Form at https://theatreartsguild.com/programs/scholarship.
- Ask an adult in your life to email a letter of recommendation to email@example.com by May 15, 2023 at 11:59pm. These adults can be from school, work, church, volunteering, your community. Be creative. Who do you know that can talk positively about you and why you should earn this scholarship? This person does not need to be connected to your theatre work.
- Please submit a sample of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org. For Acting/Musical Presentation: Please submit a video of your performance, no longer than 5 minutes. This can be a link to YouTube, or any other sharing platforms. For Designers: Please submit a portfolio of your sketches, drawings, renderings, photos, etc.
- June 15th – Initial written application materials due online
- June 25th – Notification of Awards
For questions, please contact:
Dylan Peck, TAG President
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION FORM